The inventory of my wardrobe: A confession

clothes fashion free fashion challenge confession
I am confessing. It is absurd. It really is and I actually didn't want to share this with you but on the other hand I thought: If I don't share this information with people, maybe I will never see the light.

I had to make an inventory of my wardrobe. I don't have my entire wardrobe on one floor of the house. I have a summer collection and a winter collection. So I really have to change up to summer or winter season clothes. The clothes and accessories (like scarves) are in the attic in different boxes. The best time to make an inventory would be when I would change the summer clothes for winter clothes. And so I did and I even made an inventory of my knickers, bras and nylons. I know that might be too overdone for others but even buying underwear and socks isn't allowed this year so I figured these would be items that had to be in my inventory too.

Are you guys ready? Here we go:
A total of 743 garments.

I really can dress differently Every. Single. Day. When I in the end looked at the amount of clothing I have, I was in shock. And even more so: I found out that my fiancé has a really bad deal. He only uses 5% of the wardrobe space. All the rest is filled with my clothes. I can't even remember how it's even possible I have so many clothes! When did I buy everything? Just think of all the money that could have been in my banking account right now, all the people that made my clothes, how much I have polluted the earth with buying stuff.

Something really has got to change!!!

Are you as shocked by this number as I am? Do you have two wardrobes like me, summer and winter collection?


*************
Ik biecht op. Het is absurd. Dat is het echt en in eerste instantie wilde ik dit niet eens met jullie delen maar aan de andere kant dacht ik: Als ik deze informatie niet deel met mensen, dan zal ik nooit het licht zien. Dus ik ga met de billen bloot.
clothes wardrobe confession free fashion challengeIk moest een inventarisatie van mijn kledingkast maken. En ik geef dan ook maar meteen toe dat mijn kledingkast zich niet op één etage in mijn huis bevindt. Ik heb een zomercollectie en een wintercollectie. Ik moet de boel dus echt omgooien naar zomer- of winterkleding. De kleding en accessoires (zoals wintermutsen en sjaals) liggen op de zolder te wachten in koffers en boxen. De beste tijd om een inventarisatie te maken, is als ik mijn zomerkleding omruil voor winterkleding. En ik heb zelfs een inventarisatie gemaakt van mijn ondergoed en panty's. Ik begrijp best dat het misschien wat overdreven overkomt, maar tijdens mijn jaar zonder het kopen van kleding is het ook niet toegestaan om zulke dingen te kopen, dus wilde ik ze ook in mijn inventarisatie meenemen.

Zijn jullie er klaar voor? Hier gaan we:
Een totaal van 743 kledingstukken.

Ik kan me omkleden, Every. Single. Day. Toen ik aan het einde naar het aantal keek, was ik in shock. En ik kwam er tijdens het inventariseren achter dat mijn verloofde het echt niet te breed heeft thuis. Hij gebruikt echt maar 5% van onze kledingkast. De rest is van mij. Ik kan me niet eens herinneren hoe het mogelijk is dat ik dit allemaal heb vergaard. Wanneer kocht ik dit allemaal? Denk eens aan al het geld dat ik nu op mijn rekening had kunnen hebben, al de mensen die mijn kleding hebben gemaakt, hoe erg ik de wereld heb vervuild door spullen (kleding) te kopen.

Er moet echt iets veranderen!

Schrokken jullie even erg als ik van het aantal kledingstukken? Heb jij ook twee collecties, zomer- en winterkleding?


Pictures found on weheartit

Labels: , , , , , , , ,