8 November - Surprise!

I am sorry folks for not posting lately. I have been ill and I feel sick for more than a week now. Hopefully it will end soon because I'm fed up! Luckily I have written down the things which made me happy. So here it comes in badges!!
The 8th of November Joep and I surprised my sister in-law with a nice present. It was a Pieten-suit for her little boy. In The Netherlands we celebrate Sinterklaas (Sint Nicolaas). He is a bit like Santa Claus but he lives in Spain during summer, only comes to Holland for some weeks in the year (now) to celebrate the good of children. He celebrates it by giving children who have been nice and sweet presents. At night he rides on the roofs of our homes and with his companions Zwarte Pieten (Black Pete's) they put the presents and sweets in the shoes of children by going through the chimney.
On the 5th of December it's the big night (Presents-evening) and the last night for celebrating. He arrived on Saturday the 12th of November in The Netherlands and so my sister in-law would go to the 'entry' of Sinterklaas to welcome him in The Netherlands. Because my little nephew has never seen Sinterklaas and was going to the welcome of Sinterklaas we wanted to give him a little Pieten suit. She was very happy with the surprise and just look how sweet he looks!

***********************

Het spijt me dat ik de laatste tijd niets gepost heb, ik ben heel lang ziek geweest en ben nog steeds niet 100%. Gelukkig heb ik wel de dingen opgeschreven die me gelukkig maakten, dus die krijgen jullie nu in badges te zien!
Op 8 november verrasten Joep en ik mijn schoonzus met een Pietenpakje voor mijn kleine neefje. Aangezien mijn neefje nog nooit naar de intocht was geweest en voor het eerst Sinterklaas welkom ging heten, wilden we het Pietenpakje geven zodat hij in vol ornaat naar de intocht kon gaan. Mijn schoonzus was erg blij met het pakje (ingepakt met een gedicht en voor de deur gelegd!) en kijk nu eens hoe lief hij er uit ziet!


Labels: , , , ,